Friday 27 November 2015

Graduate forum: Georgia Lucas Going artist talk


The graduate forum 2015 was a great success this year, I really enjoyed Georgia's talk, who was the creative in residence when I was in first year. Other than the fact her intro music to the lecture theater was awesome her talk was funny, informative and inspiring. Hearing from someone who started in the same place as you is truly heartening. Especially as she has achieved so much since she graduated 5 years ago. She is now on the Fine Art MA at the Slade School of Art!! Even when things didn't always go her way, she kept going with a lot of determination. If I am anywhere near where she is now in 5 years time, I'll know I'm doing the right thing!

Her advice:

  • Contact artist's you would like to work with
  • Get ready for no's
  • Try and make yourself stand out
  • Your portfolio takes time
  • Organise your own events
"You will make shit art, but then you will make amazing art"

Best artist talk I've been to!


No comments:

Post a Comment