Sunday 27 September 2015

Third and final year at Leeds College of Art!

Thinking about going into my final year at Leeds College of Art, I need to start thinking about what's next and start planning for when I leave University! I've started volunteering over summer at Inkwell Arts, a fantastic charity based in the area of Chapel Allerton in Leeds. Their ethos is to support mental health and well-being through the arts. They run a variety of different classes from song writing, painting, pottery and jewelry making. Starting out there has been a great experience and everyone is very welcoming and friendly. I am in talks about starting up a sculpture class at Inkwell that I could run monthly, I also help out at the Craft Cafe on a Thursday afternoon where I help support students to create there own jewelry or pottery. It has been a great experience and I look forward to continuing volunteering there!

No comments:

Post a Comment